Thursday 15 April 2010

HTML challenged

I get frustrated that I have to know so much to do the job I do, but still cannot grasp making a website properly. I used to know a bit of Dreamweaver that usually got me by but I don't have that at the moment and would like to make (well at least try) website for my production company.
I can do the sketch-ups in Photoshop that look nice but turning them into something usable is the challenge. I could use Imageready and use slices to partition my Photoshop pages but then the text will be a pain to update. That and I can't remember how to use it.
I looked at iWeb but decided that I dislike it with a passion. I tried Rapidweaver and I don't like that either.

I bought a nice bike repair stand so now I can fix my bike up. I must find some cycle routes in downtown T.O. Apparently there are loads but motivation is the stumbling block.

2 comments:

  1. You'll get there buddy :) - Have you tried doing the mock ups using inDesign? Frank was showing me the other day how to export pages to web - seemed quite straight forward... but then, being web, it's probably not :) either way when you figure it out, can you show me, as I need a website for my t-shirts :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are some sites that let you create a website WYSIWYG (like this one: http://www.weebly.com/), and then you download the whole thing and upload it to your own server.

    Though, a content management system is always best...then it's just a matter of tweaking it.

    ReplyDelete